Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Madame Me makes a change

This week my friend KB from the UK is in town. We work together and have become very close friends over the last year. There are some very funny things that she says... I love the UKisms. Last night she burst out very passionately with something like, "and Madame me had a fit!" It was pretty great.

This week is my last week at a job I have passionately done for the last 6years. It's time for Madame me to make a change. 6 years seems to be my time limit. I worked w/Printer's Devil for six years, I have now worked in the same marketing group for six years. For the first time in a long time, I will try something totally new. I am excited about it. About the challenge and the opportunity. But, I am also slightly, I don't know, separate from it.

I have always loved work. Loved the thrill of it. The adrenaleine rush. The sense of Accomplishment (yes, it's capital on purpose). Something is changing though. Maybe it's my hormones... maybe it's that Accomplishment no longer seems like the only important thing. Maybe ... I just really want to get on with the soccer mom bit.

Whatever it is, it's different. When I was thinking about this move, my friend Mike said, "Creegan, you have to decide - do you live to work or do you work to live?"

At 33, I change my definition.

Work to live.
It's clear.
It's right.
And it's about farking time.

4 Comments:

At 9:13 AM, Blogger Tina Rowley said...

Attababy!

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger DK said...

word up

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Eve said...

Very bloody brave of you! (me trying to be British..)

I hope the changes you're making snowball into lots of wonderful things!

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

thanks everyone for the encouragement. My first day on the new job is tomorrow! I am nervous and happy. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home